Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 wrap up

Well, I read 15 books in 2013.  But that's deceptive because that only counts books I read cover-to-cover.

I read lots of graphic novels, too.  I wound up buying & reading many comic issues as they were released this year.  I also read short stories, some which I forgot to note, probably.

Books Read in 2013
The Winds of Gath E. C. Tubb
Dread Brass Shadows Glen Cook
Men of Bronze Scott Oden
Sharpe’s Havoc Bernard Cornwell
Plague of Shadows (Pathfinder) Howard A. Jones
In the Courts of the Crimson Kings S. M. Stirling
Moanin’ at Midnight
Thieves’ World (#1) Aspirin
The Twelve Children of Paris Tim Willocks
The Burrowers Beneath Brian Lumley
Blind Shadows James A. Moore & Charles R. Rutledge
Transition of Titus Crow Brian Lumley
The Hammer & The Blade Paul S. Kemp
In the Company of Ogres A. Lee Martinez
Space Viking H. Beam Piper

Graphic novels
The Return of Superman
Atomic Robo: Real Science Adventures Vol. 1
Dejah Thoris and the White Apes of Mars
Neozoic
Phoenix on the Sword
Superman Beyond: Man of Tomorrow
Lobster Johnson: The Burning Claw
Scarlet Citadel
Kingdom Come
The Dalek Project
Legion of Super-Heroes: Enemy Manifest
Army of Darkness:  Ash vs. the Classic Monsters
Atomic Robo: And Other Strangeness (Volume 4)
Atomic Robo: And the Deadly Art of Science (Volume 5)
Astro City: Life in the Big City (Vol. 1)

Shorts, etc
“Children of the Kingdom” (Dark Gods) T. E. D. Klein
“Tsathoggua” (Black Gate) Michael Shea
“Vestments of Pestilence” (Black Gate) John C. Hocking
Doctor Who: 50th Anniversary, 11 short stories
"Long Black Train" Heath Lowrance
"That Damned Coyote Hill" Heath Lowrance

Single Comics
Doctor Who: Prisoners of Time
Doctor Who: Classics
Planet of the Apes: Cataclysm
Planet of the Apes Special (#1) & Spectacular (#1)
Hawkgirl
Hawkworld: Escape from Thanagar
Superman Unchained
Six-gun Gorilla
Atomic Robo, Vol 8
The Star Wars
Grindhouse
Legends of Red Sonja
Manifest Destiny

Movie & television watching were nearly null except some older movies, Jeopardy and Doctor Who.  Not so concerned there.  I finished off some Tarzan movies right up to the wire.  Maybe I'll start noting the movies I watch next year.  I used to do that, but fell out of the habit when my movie viewing really slacked off.

Happy 2014 everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I count graphic novels in my overall books. Some good ones on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a number of titles I've either read or have in the TBR pile. Clearly, you have good taste.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete