But sometimes if you take a moment to consider your work, you might surprise yourself.
I meant to focus more on novel writing this year. Because I wasn't as successful there this year as I wanted, I lost a bit of sight on what I managed with short stories earlier this year.
Prompted by a tweet, I made a quick thumbnail for 2017 (as of now.)
- 8 short stories written & submitted
- 4 accepted, 3 rejected, 1 still in slush (rejected at one venue, submitted to another)
- 1 published this year
- (WICKED HAUNTED)
- 3 will publish early next year (I hope)
- 1 short from previous year published
- (LOVECRAFTIAN TALES, VOL. 1)
- Progress on 2 horror novels (still incomplete - hope for final word count between 60K - 75K on each)
- 1 @ 40K, 1 @ 26K