Thursday, December 18, 2014

insert generic update here

Eh.

Been awhile since I posted. Nothing much to report.

We sent my father off appropriately.

Then 2 weeks to the day he died, my wife's best friend lost her battle with cancer.

That was expected, but that didn't make it any easier.

We're doing our genuine best to keep the holiday cheer.

Anyway, I haven't really completed any reading.

I am a few chapters into Larry Correia's Hard Magic. Fun concept. Magic in a 1930s noir mix-up. I was just thinking that a lot of the "magic" powers could also fit in the "superhero" vein.

Finally started reading the first volume DC archive of Kamandi. Sure there's a lot of Planet of the Apes in there, but that doesn't make it any less fun. The Bruce Timm introduction is a good read, too.

I did finally watch Once Upon a Time In The West.  Good western.

If I don't get to post here before the holidays are done - I hope you have enjoyable holidays and do hug your loved ones tight - and call them on the phone if you can't be there in person.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you've been through so much. Once upon a time in the west is my favorite western. Pretty influential on my stuff, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your losses. Been there, but you can never really compare another person's pain.

    ReplyDelete