Wednesday, January 31, 2024

writing update, January 2024

Last year, I tried to keep a daily writing journal. That was not a favorable experiment. Fact is, I just don't get to write each day. Things happen. I know time needs to be carved but we don't need to get into that here.

I decided this year maybe a monthly public pulse-taking would serve me better. We'll see.

I hoped to write a novel this year. But I'm ramping up with some short stories first.

Current state of the brag shelf

This month I wrote and submitted one story. I wrote half of another, but missed the open call deadline. I might finish it for another call. Or, it might go in the file for later. There are other calls (two, at least) in March I want to aim for.

Not a lot of writing, but I have been doing the business of writing. I've assembled the content of my first collection. This will be my action/adventure/fantasy tales. I'm gathering previously published stories, with a couple of brand new stories to fill out the volume. (Horror tales will come later this year, in another collection, timed for release around Halloween.)

I wrote the introduction, and the story notes. I've proofed through six of the eleven tales. I reached out to a cover artist.

And that's where I am at.

No comments:

Post a Comment