Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

Boston.  I was born there.  I grew up in the suburbs and live in those suburbs still.  Today is our celebration of the battles of Lexington and Concord.  The shot heard 'round the world.

All the towns where I have lived sent Minute Men to Lexington and Concord when the call went out.  I have seen graves of Revolutionary soldiers still bedecked with the stars-&-stripes on Veterans Day and Memorial Day.

We are the birthplace of the American Revolution.

And you, whoever you are who attacked us today, had a few bombs.

Not impressed.  Then again, I am never impressed with cowards.

5 comments:

  1. We feel your pain here in Texas. Know that the citizens of Boston and the surrounding areas are in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to Boston. Loved my week there. Beautiful city full of bookstores and readers and kind people. Full of good food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Boston. Even considered moving there a few times, and might yet some day. Love that city.

    My thoughts and prayers to all in that city.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know that Ken and I think the world of you and all people in Boston, Watertown and all of Massachusetts. Amazing, strong people. We are so relieved that the cowards were stopped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the support. Friday was a doozy, too!

    Got the bastards.

    And Keith - keeping West, TX in our minds & hearts, too.

    ReplyDelete