Wednesday, January 28, 2015

recent loot; Innsmouth & Dark Detectives


My Cthulhu Mythos tangent continues - along with a bonus. I learned about a deal on the hardcover edition of Stephen Jones' Dark Detectives, which I've had my eye on for a while now.  I was able to bundle in the three Jones' Innsmouth anthologies with the deal.

I hemmed and hawed. I really do want to curb the book acquisitions this year. It's not just money - bookcase space is at a premium in my house.

But these were just too good to pass up.  Still pricey, but I'd say I bought them at 2/3 their price, and they are new.

If you are more interested in the stories and aren't willing to pony up the hardcover prices, all four books are (or will be by March) available as ebooks and paperbacks.




3 comments:

  1. Cool, this is the first time I'm seeing these. I know what you mean about books space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the illustrations better on the hardcovers. What counts, of course, is what's inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I prefer all the hardcover art, though I think the paperback Innsmouth art does the job. Dark Detectives paperback is rather utilitarian - especially compared to the hardcover.

      Delete