Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Tis the season

I could blame all these recent horrific acquisitions on the Autumn/Halloween season, but I started earlier this year. We'll blame Charles Rutledge, Jim Moore and NECON in general.


The Drums of Chaos by Richard Tierney

The Dracula Tape by Fred Saberhagen

The Night of the Ripper by Robert Bloch

The Monster's Corner, anthology, edited by Christopher Golden

Mammoth Book of Best New Horror 23, anthology of stories from 2011

B.P.R.D. (Volume 3, Plague of Frogs)

Afterlife with Archie

I've bought some other stuff, too, of course, but they aren't horror titles.

4 comments:

  1. I really liked Saberhagen's Dracula series. I thought The Night of the Ripper wasn't Bloch's best, but I seem to prefer him at shorter lengths. I've not read any of the other titles. I would be very interested in your thoughts on The Monster's Corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a good haul. I haven't read any of these but have read a lot of Saberhagen's sf and liked it

    ReplyDelete
  3. The horror thing gets under your skin, for sure. Welcome to the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to hearing what you think of Tierney's book, I've liked the pastiche stuff of his I've read.

    ReplyDelete