Tuesday, October 21, 2014

More October frights


"Doctor Porthos" by Basil Copper

"Stragella" by Hugh B. Cave

"A Place Where There Is Peace" by James A. Moore

"Human Remains" by Clive Barker

"A Week in the Unlife" by David J. Schow

"The House at Evening" by Frances Garfield

The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb (movie)

One Million B.C. (1940) (movie)

The Mummy's Shroud (movie)

The Halloween Tree by Ray Bradbury

FYI;
There will be a night of anthology horror movies coming up on TCM, on Oct 28th, not Halloween (oh, they have other horrors for Halloween.) Dead of Night, Twice Told Tales, Kwaidan, The House That Dripped Blood and Torture Garden (screenplay by Robert Bloch.)  I'll be recording them all except ...House.., as I've already seen it.

3 comments:

  1. The titles on those short stories sound very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keith, except for the story by Jim, that batch are all in The Mammoth Book of Vampires, which even for a Mammoth book, has an impressive roster.

      Personally, I would classify the Barker story as doppelganger, not vampire but there is the aspect of the doppelganger drawing off life.

      It's available as ebook, which is how I am reading it, but I want a print copy eventually.

      Mammoth Book of Vampires for Kindle

      Delete
  2. I was a bit disappointed with The Halloween Tree. I know it was written for quite young children but I read it long after reading most other Bradbury and it seemed pretty light fare.

    ReplyDelete